Oh dear!

Every once in a while a line of clothing comes along that grabs my attention~a line whose approach is truly one of creative expression and good design and less about marketing to the masses. Dear Creatures is exactly this line. a little edie sedgwick, a bit of brigitte bardot, with catherine ross circa 'the graduate' thrown in for good measure.
having launched her first line this fall, creator, bianca benitez has set forth to design and accomplished a thoroughly modern line that feels completely, vintage gamine and contemporary all at once.
"I hope to flatter a woman's figure without showing all the goods!" {stop. did we all hear that? mkay, just checking } "I want them to be able to turn heads with their style"
hear, hear.
benitez's fall collection is inspired by mid-century designer alexander girard, Scandinavian folk art and the artwork of mary blair {artist famous for the art of disney's 'it's a small world'}
check out the 'viking' tote. the art is mod~perfect. so pen and ink 60s {available at three potato four}
I love the nautical influence and grainy photography found in their look book. great art direction.
and for those of you who, like me, are creatures of habit and are always checking out the digs in the shoot, most of the shots are taken in benitez's home. which is worthy of a spread all its own.
Dear Creatures can be found online at: modcloth.com and threepotatofourshop.com and *here* for shops closest to you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that red coat. And I agree with you about the digs. Really wonderful!
What a great find. The clothes are amazing as are the pictures. Love it all!
Anonymous said…
LOVE that style.....speaks to me! Where can I buy? Delicious!
72 and sunny said…
thanks to 'that model' for turning me on to the line!

anon, at the bottom of the post, is a link that will take you to the page listing the retailers who carry 'dear creatures'
katiedid said…
Very cool and very Duffy. Love it for me! Sorry my sweet daughters....you will just have to borrow.
Unknown said…
What a great line up of fashion and photography.
BTW I love your link to the on line games...don't even get me started on the Suduko.
Love it, love it, love it! Thank you for introducing that into my life. You are the bomb diggity bomb bomb.
Anonymous said…
Not only do I love this line, I love the pictures. So retro and fabulous!

Popular Posts