a delightful dissaray of found objects & clutter

recently my oldest and dearest friend, stayed at my house while i was out of the country. when we finally got around to catching up, she said, 'oh by the way, i stayed in charlotte's room.' (my never tidy but always joyful, 7 year old)
" i wanted to be surrounded by tutus, stuffed animals and rock collections" she explained.
having an intense week of work it seemed she just needed a bit of youthful, girlie, bon vivant. that's exactly what "flutter", an eccentric, and elegant shop in Portland, Oregon feels like to me. a grown up (cleaned up!) version, of a little girl's environment.
chocked full of interesting finds for the home; some new, some antique. beautiful, sometimes odd, all pulled together in a fantastical way. insect pillows, meet floral hooked rugs.....
beautiful, gossamer clothing by clothier frocky jack morgan sits amidst books ranging from havana to frida surrounded by collections of ephemera, taxidermy, vintage wall art, funky furniture and yummy perfumes.
thank you, keeshagirl4 for these 2 photos
i think i could lose myself in this dreamy little boutique for hours....so could charlotte.

Flutter

3948 N Mississippi Ave Portland, OR 97227 phone: 503.288.1649

Comments

kecia deveney said…
well, this is definitely the right store for you. with her beautiful bird cage in the back with zebra finches chirping away to her funky manikins wearing vintage prom dresses with goth wings and stunning old tiaras, Flutter is chocked full of the old, the interesting, the weird - anything goes. i would never have thought to have found beauty in a deer head gracefully posing inside an ornate torquoise frame! this is a must see shop if ever stopping through Portland.
kecia
72 and sunny said…
i love it! like a beautiful weird dream. thanks for your contribution (visually and written)
Mrs.French said…
Seriously one of my favorite stores in Portland...magical. I am doing a post on another one of my favorites later in the week. Stop by and check it out. I am still crushing on your sweet blog.
Fifi Flowers said…
I wish I lived nearby... fun store!
Fifi Flowers said…
I lost this page and now I found it AGAIN... thank goodness... I used this photo and I have been SEARCHING to give credit to blog that posted it... HOORAY! http://fififlowersdecor.blogspot.com

Popular Posts